GLOBUS 2020: Top of Switzerland with Oberammergau (ZIO)
9 days from Zurich to Munich
On this Top of Switzerland tour, witness some of Switzerland's most amazing scenery and learn about traditional and current Swiss culture with overnights in Zurich, Interlaken, and Lucerne. Plus, you'll travel to Germany and overnight in Munich and the charming Bavarian town of Oberammergau.A tour highlight is your rack railway trip to the "Top of Europe," a high alpine wonderland of ice and snow. Here, at the amazing Jungfraujoch, Europe's highest railway station at 11,332 feet, you can stand on the observation platform to view the glaciers and witness a panoramic view overlooking France, Germany, and Italy. It's an unforgettable experience!Participate in a walking tour in Lucerne, walks through the Old Town in Innsbruck and Zurich, and an orientation in Munich. In Oberammergau, enjoy first-class seats to the Passion Play, performed every 10 years by Oberammergau residents as a thank you for saving the town from the Black Death. With beautiful alpine scenery as the backdrop, it's a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Globus has also included special treats to help you learn about Swiss culture. Visit the Ballenberg Open-air Museum to see traditional rural buildings from all regions of Switzerland and to learn how Switzerland's rural populations have lived, worked, and kept their customs alive. Woodcarving is part of the Swiss culture and in Brienz, visit the Woodcarving Museum to see traditional and artistically significant woodcarvings. Also visit a little cheese village in the Emmental Valley to learn about traditional and modern cheese production techniques, sample the locally produced cheese, and enjoy a light lunch.From the gorgeous scenery to the unique cultural experiences, this Switzerland tour with Oberammergau is a dream vacation!This vacation, which includes tickets for the world-famous Oberammergau Passion Play, requires an additional deposit of $350 in June 2019.
Call (513) 541-2187 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14595253
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 12/31/2019
- 9 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Zurich||Welcome to Zurich! At 6 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions for a welcome dinner at your hotel. (D)|
|Day 2||Interlaken||Enjoy an orientation walk of Zurich's well-preserved OLD TOWN with its medieval guild houses before continuing to the Emmental Valley to visit [LF] the SCHAUKASEREI AFFOLTERN. Try out the locally produced cheese, and enjoy a light lunch. A scenic drive brings you to Interlaken. The town's unique location, nestled between Lake Thun and Lake Brienz, and surrounded by the world-famous Eiger, Monch, and Jungfrau mountains, guarantees spectacular views. (B,L)|
|Day 3||Interlaken||An [LF] unforgettable trip to the high Alpine wonderland of ice and snow is the true highlight of a visit to Switzerland. At an amazing 11,332 feet, the JUNGFRAUJOCH is Europe's highest railway station. Jungfrau's 13,642-foot summit was first ascended in 1811 and the rack railway was opened in 1912. There are lots of things to do here: enjoy the Alpine Sensation, the Panorama 360 Experience, the ICE PALACE, and take the elevator to the Sphinx Observatory. Also, receive your Jungfrau Passport as a souvenir to take home with you. The round trip to the 'Top of Europe' by MOUNTAIN TRAIN will take most of the day. (B)|
|Day 4||Lucerne||Drive to Brienz, beautifully located on the turquoise-colored lake. Visit the interesting WOODCARVING MUSEUM, and walk through the romantic Brunngasse, once awarded the title 'most beautiful street in Europe.' Next is a visit to the fascinating [LF] OPEN-AIR MUSEUM of Ballenberg with its centuries-old buildings from all parts of Switzerland. Arrive in picture-book Lucerne, where you will stay for the next two nights. Tonight, you may wish to join an optional dinner excursion to a folklore party with cheese fondue, yodeling, and alphorn blowing. (B)|
|Day 5||Lucerne||On your walking tour this morning, admire Thorwaldsen's impressive LION MONUMENT, dedicated to the Swiss Guards who protected the Royal House of France during the French Revolution, and the ornate patrician houses of the walled Old Town, then cross the famous covered CHAPEL BRIDGE to the Jesuit church. Later, an exciting optional excursion is available to Mount Pilatus, the 'Guard of Lucerne,' and this evening, a special dinner has been prepared for you. (B,D)|
|Day 6||Oberammergau||A comfortable drive brings you to Innsbruck in the Tyrolean mountains. Enjoy a walk through the Old Town to see the GOLDEN ROOF before arriving in picturesque Oberammergau. (B,D)|
|Day 7||Oberammergau||The afternoon and evening are dedicated to the world-famous PASSION PLAY, held every 10 years and performed by the people of Oberammergau. (B,L,D)|
|Day 8||Munich||Arrive in Munich, where Germany's 'Secret Capital' comes alive during an orientation featuring the Olympic Stadium, 1,000-foot-high Olympic Tower, and MARIENPLATZ, in the historic heart of the city. Your afternoon and evening are at leisure. You may wish to join one of our exciting optional excursions. (B)|
|Day 9||Munich||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
This vacation includes the world-famous Passion Play, a spectacular play performed only once every 10 years by the residents of the quaint little town of Oberammergau. An additional deposit of $350 per person will be collected in June 2019 to secure your reservation for the vacation and the tickets for the play.Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement:$477Triple room reduction per person:$37
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).