GLOBUS 2019/2020: Highlights of Greece Escape with 7-night 3 Continent Cruise (KGS)
13 days from Athens to Athens
Call (513) 541-2187 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14594325
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 12/31/2019
- 13 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Athens||Welcome to Athens! At 6 pm, meet your traveling companions for a welcome drink with your Tour Director.|
|Day 2||Olympia||Today, cross the spectacular Corinth Canal, a project imagined in ancient Greece but only completed in 1893. Then, visit MYCENAE, the city described in Homer's epics. Explore the excavations, including the Beehive Tombs (Treasury of Atreus); the Lion Gate, Europe's oldest known monument; the remains of Agamemnon's Royal Palace; and the impressive fortifications of the Citadel. Also visit the museum. Later, arrive in Olympia for a [LF] COOKING DEMONSTRATION and learn how to make traditional Greek tzatziki. (B,D)|
|Day 3||Delphi||Sightseeing with a Local Guide provides insights and fascinating history about the original Olympic Games. Stroll among the awe-inspiring remains of the Gymnasium and the Temples of Hera and Zeus, and visit the MUSEUM with Praxiteles' magnificent Hermes statue. Then, a scenic drive transports you to mystical Delphi for a fun evening featuring a glass of authentic ouzo and a festive [LF] DANCE LESSON to learn the sirtaki, made famous in the movie Zorba the Greek. (B,D)|
|Day 4||Athens||The morning is devoted to Delphi, the god Apollo's mountainside sanctuary. Ancient Greeks once flocked here to seek advice from the world's greatest oracle. Tour the EXCAVATIONS, and visit the ARCHAEOLOGICAL MUSEUM to admire the Charioteer, an extraordinary 5th-century-BC bronze statue. Later, return to Athens, where an optional dinner is available at a local restaurant. (B)|
|Day 5||Piraeus||Today head to the port city of Piraeus, where your cruise ship awaits to whisk you into the crystal-blue waters of the Aegean Sea. (B,D)|
|Day 6||At Sea||Time to relax and enjoy the ship's facilities as you cruise towards Egypt. (B,L,D)|
|Day 7||Port Said||A technical stop in Alexandria allows you to disembark for your included full day excursion. A guided tour takes you to see the PYRAMIDS OF GIZA including the Great Pyramid, the most colossal pyramid ever built and get close to the enigmatic SPHINX. Next, on to Cairo, capital of Egypt, set on the river Nile. Visit the NATIONAL ARCHEOLOGICAL MUSEUM, home to over 120,000 artifacts including the treasures of Tutankhamun. Later return to the ship now docked at Port Said, the entrance to the Suez Canal. (B,L,D)|
|Day 8||Ashdod||Arrive today in Ashdod, Israel's largest port! A selection of optional excursions are available today to make the most out of your stay amongst which is a trip to Jerusalem and Bethlehem. (B,L,D)|
|Day 9||Limassol||North today to Cyprus, with time to explore Limassol's historical center on your own. You could investigate the thousand-year-old castle, medieval baths, catacombs, and fascinating Folk Art Museum, or you might prefer to just relax with a Cypriot beer at one of the many tavernas and mingle with the locals. (B,L,D)|
|Day 10||Rhodes||The entire day is dedicated to the fabulous island of RHODES. First, explore the OLD TOWN with its ramparts and palaces built by the Knights of St. John during the Crusades. Then, head to the archaeological site at LINDOS to see the fabulous Temple of Athena. Be sure to bring your camera because the view of Lindos village sprawling down the hillside under the acropolis is one of the most iconic scenes in Greece! (B,L,D)|
|Day 11||Kusadasi||Dock on the southwestern coast of Turkey for a true highlight: the incomparable excavations of EPHESUS. At its zenith in the 1st century BC, it was one of the largest cities in the world, renowned as a trade center and for its colossal Temple of Artemis, Library of Celsus, and medical school. Led by an expert guide, wander among the reconstructed ruins, including the impressive 25,000-seat Great Theater, where the apostle Paul preached. The lavish monuments, frescoed houses, public baths and toilets, streets marked by chariot wheels, and ancient graffiti offer a true understanding of what life was like for the people who called Ephesus home. (B,L,D)|
|Day 12||Athens||After breakfast on board, disembark for a final day in Athens. Guided sightseeing introduces you to the world-famous ACROPOLIS. From its rocky hilltop setting, see the fabled Parthenon, Erechtheum with its Porch of Maidens, and the Temple of Athena Nike. Take in the incomparable views of the Temple of Olympian Zeus, Theater of Dionysus, and the Agora where Socrates taught. Later, a city orientation showcases the Parliament House and 2nd-century Panathenaic Stadium, the only stadium in the world built entirely of marble! The rest of the day is free to catch up on last-minute shopping or to explore more on your own. Tonight, you could join an optional dinner at a local restaurant. (B)|
|Day 13||Athens||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person in single, double, or triple room occupancy.The single supplement waiver and single room capacity is limited, please call for availability.All Escapes by Globus tours and departures are excluded from the following Globus discounts: Book Early & Save, Welcome Back Credit, Second Tour discount and Small Group discount. Extra nights per person in Athens: in single room $119, in twin $68
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).